June 4, 2013

Furnishing the new place

When I started thinking about furniture for the Boston apartment I thought I knew exactly what I wanted. Somehow along the way it all changed. I had envisioned dark blue, pure white, little red just like the nautical color selection. I had my mind set on a dark blue velvet couch but when I saw a white leather couch at Jordan's Furniture I fell in love. I actually was really torn between three of them as you can see in this POST
In the end I decided to go with my gut and chose this one even though it was the most expensive.  The leather was of such a great quality, and the comfort was so much greater than the other one's offered.

Next I went to Boston Interiors and chose this coffee table and a matching tv console.
The wood looks like drift wood and looks quite weathered and rustic. I thought that would actually be a great contrast to the couch since my taste in furniture is not really contemporary
 (that could certainly change over time) 



These are my "big" spendings really. I could have gotten something from Ikea but I didn't really want to. I love furniture that is unique and you don't see everywhere. I almost got a coffee table from Home Goods and as I was contemplating if I should get it or not (price was way better) when a lady came up to me and said... Don't settle, you won't be happy! I took that as a sign and thanked her with a hug.
The breakfast bar was next. I needed barstools so I went out on a mission to find white tall wood barstools. No luck there....
I was actually thinking I might have to get them unfinished at the Mill Store when I came across 2 of these at Pier One Imports!
"Score"



I picked out this large mirror to put above the couch at Target


And...I saw this chair at Home Goods for $199. This is the same chair I saw at a Bernie and Phyl's for $399. The color on the fabric looks great and it's comfy. I was sold right away!


This is what I have gathered so far for the living room. I wanted to make it functional without stuffing it with things. Less is more really!
I have the bedrooms covered as well. Not completely done but I got the beds and the necessary things that go with it. I plan to share that with you next time...The thought behind the bedrooms was: the ocean, getaway and nautical...
Thanks so much for all the nice comments, I really appreciate your inputs!
Hugs 
Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I love to find out who's reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...