I had no idea what to do with it so I painted it all white. It didn't look very exciting so I used some leftover paint in Cocoa (Annie Sloan of course) on the outside trim. I did a coat of yellow first and then 2 coats of white over. I finished the whole thing with scrubbing the heck out of it with a rough sandpaper so the yellow would shine through a little bit. I think it came out cute and I placed it on my mantle with the flowers I picked and dried from my garden in June
I only paid $7 for it
I simply sprayed it with matte spray from Home Depot that I always keep on hand and roughed it up with sandpaper. It looks a little crooked once it's on the wall but that's ok
Virgin Mary with her boy...I sprayed her with matte white paint lightly few times. I haven't found a spot for her yet though. My neighbor came over last night and told me that the statue looked creepy but I am not listening to that nonsense!
I grabbed these 2 books with me and sprayed them white to cover the title on the spine, I added a brown paper to one of them and tied together with a string that came from some poutporri package way back ( I never throw away stuff like that ) and strung a heart on them
The little ceramic heart got a new ribbon and a good scrubbing before I hung it on the shutter
So that's about it! Another successful trip to the Salvy. Sometimes you don't see anything and other times there are several things that tickle your fancy!
Hope you enjoyed my DIY mini projects as much as I did.