September 19, 2012

Buffet/Hutch

I have been searching for a buffet hutch forever and unfortunately come up with nothing that I like for the price I want to pay. I finally caved in and went to the Mill Store and got an unfinished one made out of pine.


This time I picked Annie Sloan paint (French Linen) and mixed up a batch with eggshell white.
One coat and a little sanding down. Pretty easy breezy. The hardest thing was to carry the stuff inside but thankfully my 12 year old came home from school just in time


Here is the after photo. Looks great but I wanted more of a shabby look and weathered so here is what I did...Annie's dark wax and 150 grit sandpaper. I also re-painted the knobs and added some decorative wood pieces to it. I think I am pretty happy with the outcome







I ran out of sandpaper in the middle of the project so tomorrow I will grab some more and give it a final sanding and work out little kinks. Happy Hump Day!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I love to find out who's reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...