September 16, 2012

Brimfield Adventure

Okay, I admit it...I am bad with dates, and all numbers...I am surprised that I can count!
I messed up the dates for Brimfield Antique Show and a FB friend nicely pointed that out to me before I left. I was still going on a field trip in my head. I wasn't going to let a little mistake change anything about that. So off I went...There was still bunch of antique sales going on and tag sales. Miles and miles of tents were up and dealers from here and there were still cleaning up. I had a fabulous day with a good friend, cruising through Brimfield and Sturbridge. We ate lunch in a very charismatic restaurant...It was so quaint and the weather was beautiful. Perfect Day!
I was able to pick up some junk...Junk to some folks but treasures with a purpose for me.
I hit a great tag sale and here is what I picked up:







#1 Mirror
$4



#2 Rocking Chair
$4


#3 Copper Plates
50 Cents Each



#4 large Picnic Basket
$3



#5 Tall Bar Stool
$2


#6 steel spoon
"free"

Needless to say I have been very busy this weekend....Not much has been done in relation to housework or cooking...But that's alright....It's a weekend!

I started on the rocking chair. When I saw it I knew what I wanted to do with it. I cleaned it up a bit and then added 1 coat of Annie Sloan Paris Grey. I waxed the seat a little bit with clear coat and left it as it. What do you think?





Doesn't it look pretty? It's not secure enough to sit in so I am using it as a flower holder. The Orange Mum's I had already picked up look beautiful together

More to come on the rest of the projects as I work through them
Enjoy your Sunday 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I love to find out who's reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...