July 27, 2012

Totes

It's not just paper or plastic anymore. Fashionable Totes or Re-usable bags, I assume that you are using those already right?


I have my preferences when it comes to those bags. Canvas can be great for all kind of stuff but I don't like to use it for groceries. I prefer the stiff ones made out of recycled plastic with a sturdy bottom...you can squeeze endless stuff into them. Most of them are made out of 80% recycled plastic bottles and sell for about 99 cents each.  I don't know about you but I keep loosing mine so naturally I just get the cheap ones...
Those Wegman's ones are great but not that pretty

I like the one's from Trader Joe's, they are wider and you can fit a lot into them. 





Whole Foods has cool bags too. If you are tired of the cheap ones you can spend a little extra for the style or support a good cause. This one costs $5

FEED 100 reusable shopping bags, have more than the environment in mind. Each $30 bag purchased helps provide 100 nutritious meals to hungry school age- children in Rwanda through the United Nation World Food Program's (WFP) School Feeding Program. It looks really cool. I personally use mine for the gym or the pool.



I really like this one, made out of 80% recycled plastic bottles and looking cool...


 These are made out of rice bags. Not only do they reduce your need for use and toss shopping bags- they also repurpose a woven polypropylene bag that would otherwise be thrown away.



These funky shopping bags have not been cobbled together in some disreputable sweat shop; they have been skilfully crafted in Cambodia by an organisation providing shelter, education and employment to vulnerable women. If you are planning on spending money on a bag like that make sure that you are indeed supporting a cause. They sell for around $10


Few funny ones:







These are Stylish:


I got these at Marshall's believe it or not:



Do you remember the one's that Grandma used? 













1 comment:

  1. So many great options, who knew! Thanks for sharing so many tote options : )

    oxox
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I love to find out who's reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...