February 6, 2013

Staircase Progress

Pheew!
The staircase is much more work than I thought it would be. I started sanding the rails Monday morning, primed and painted 2 coats of what I thought was pretty dark....turned out it wasn't the right color I was going for


So I went with Bombay Mahogany Satin Finish from Minwax over the current coats and I might actually do one additional coat on top of that but I need a break today....I actually have to go to work :-)


Here is the first coat of the railing with color choice #1....just slightly darker


In the beginning I envisioned the posters white with dark knobs on top...
(this is after 2 coats of the minwax)


To me it just looked awkward and didn't flow right when I looked at the whole staircase


So what did I do...I sanded them down lightly and painted them all white. 
I think it has a cleaner look to them. What do you think? 



Of course I am not done yet but you get the idea... Next is tackling all these little odds and ends and another coat of white on all the trim...
Happy Hump Day
*HUGS*
Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I love to find out who's reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...