April 14, 2015

Wall scones from Southern Living at Home get a new look!

Waterslide Decal Paper.....I can't say enough about it...Just love it!
My girlfriend Cindy was cleaning out her house the other day when I came to visit. I noticed a pair of wall scones she was trying to get rid off. I told her that I had the same scones from Southern Living at Home (along with half of Shrewsbury Mass) I got them way back when I used to sell SLAH. I told her I would take them and do something fun with them so she could use it in her newly painted bedroom. Below is the before picture






So I started by spray painting them white....I probably did 3 coats all together and then I sanded the sides for shabby look. I went to the Graphics Fairy website and found a couple of images which I printed on Water Decal Paper. 











Using the Waterslide Decal Paper makes life easier when it comes to transferring images. After I print them out I cut them out as close as I can and stick them into lukewarm water. You will hear a fizz sound and after 30 seconds it's ready to be adhered to a surface. It really glides off the paper and it's almost like you are putting a sticker on. 
I bought the paper on Amazon and you can find a link HERE
Keep in mind that there are 2 types. One for laser and the other for ink. The link is for the ink one.


Here are my scones. I painted them with chalk paint and antiqued with dark wax few years ago.
I decided to play a little. Here are the results


I got the images from the Graphic Fairy as well. I love them! 
If I start a project I usually do 2-3 things at the same time.  So I jumped to another Southern Living At Home item....the pie stand....Remember?


So I got out the Gray to soften it up a bit


Here are the after photos



What do you think? Do you have a lot of SLOH products laying around or in your basements collecting dust? 
Enjoy your day
Bryn

Post linked up with the fabulous Cedar Hill Farmhouse

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Visiting from the Your Turn To Shine link party. You did a great job! It looks great and goes so well with your kitchen decor!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I love to find out who's reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...